15 Things Why Ladakh is famous for?
Sep 30, 2020 |14:36:29IST
Ladakh is most famous for breathtaking landscapes, the crystal clear skies, the highest mountain passes, thrilling adventure activities, Buddhist Monasteries and festivals. Not only is it the only place in India where the graceful Double Hump camels found, but it is also the place where you will find the Magnetic Hill, the one-of-a-kind phenomena that defies gravity.
Ladakh gains a lot of popularity for being the only cold desert in India apart from bordering the World’s highest saltwater Lake Pangong Lake. Riding up the highest motorable road in the world, Khardung la is a dream come true for many. The Hunder sand dunes, frozen river trek and snow leopards all find their only home in Ladakh.
Besides that, there are many other things for which Ladakh is famous. Some of them are:
1. Trekking on the high mountains is one of the most sought after adventures of people visiting Ladakh on routes like Chadar Trek, Stock Kangri Trek, Markha Valley Trek, Nubra Valley Trek, Padum to Darcha route, etc. The dangerous heights and the risky valleys by the route make it one of the most famous trek routes to accomplish for adventurers.
2. Ladakh finds a lot of fame for permitting people to trek on a frozen river which is called the Chadar Trek route, a rare adventure to partake in.
3. The residents of Ladakh make it famous for being the most hospitable and warm to entertain every tourist who visits their land.
4. The Hemis Festival celebrated every summer is Ladakh’s most famous festival which marks the 10th-day of the Tibetan Lunar calendar. It is known for its radiant colours and gigantic décor which adorns the city and its monasteries.
5. Camping by the lakes and valleys like Pangong Tso Moriri and Nubra Valley adds to the list of reasons why Ladakh is famous.
6. Ladakh is also famous for offering the best of meditative rejuvenation in its monasteries enclosed by beautifully carved walls. It is therefore believed that one feels at their spiritual best when in Ladakh.
7. It allures a lot of people to revel in the very famous white river rafting adventure on the spouting River Zanskar.
8. Another reason why this place claims a lot of fame is because people can witness the magical sight of the convergence of the two rivers, River Zanskar and River Indus before they merge to flow into Pakistan as River Indus.
9. You can find the best of apricots in the winter which makes Ladakh famous for supplying the country with the best yield of the same.
10. Ladakh is also famous for double hump camel rides available only at the glistening sand dunes in the Nubra Valley region.
11. Mountain Biking to the highest motorable mountain pass, Khardungla Pass, in the world, also makes Ladakh famous across the globe.
12. You can find the largest National Park in South Asia, Hemis National Park in Ladakh which is famous for housing innumerable leopards and providing natural habitat to them.
13. The silverware sold in Ladakh is also very famous and fascinates people from around the world.
14. You can relish on the best momo’s found in the country at Ladakh apart from its other famous dishes like Tibetan Stew and Ladakhi Bread which is authentically made only in Ladakh.
15.Last but not least, the magnetic hill is a much talked about attraction, where one just has to drive till the centre of the spot indicated and experience science and magic, both at once.
follow us on https://www.instagram.com/ytravel_blog__/